We have a rule at the dinner table: you have to at least try the main course. For dessert, you need to eat three bites. Of course, these rules fly out the window when it comes to Max. It's just easier to let him eat bread every night.
So imagine my surprise tonight when he announced, "Everything looks so good. I don't know what to try. I can't eat anything."
Did he really think he would win my heart with the everything looks so good comment? He might have if he had helped himself to some of the "beautiful food." I guess I am wondering why he broke from his normal comment. Every night at dinner he announces that he doesn't like what we are having. It doesn't matter what it is. He won't eat it. We had hamburgers a few nights ago. Max has been eating hamburgers since he could chew. But two nights ago, he told Steve, "I don't eat meat anymore."
We can't deal with his tantrums, so we let it slide. He doesn't eat. So why the need to claim he can't eat because it all looks so good? I think maybe he is working on his public relations skills. Needless to say, he didn't try anything new tonight.
1 comment:
I'm gonna have to say that, since Max seems to get away with a lot, he gets points for beating the system.
Post a Comment