Sunday, January 4, 2009

White Christmas Anyone?




What did we do for Christmas this year?  Well, we shoveled snow, a lot.  These photos were taken two days after Christmas.  There is still ice in our road.  

However, who needs to go outside?  At least, that is what Maddie thinks.  Santa brought the kids a Wii this year.  He installed it upstairs (okay, so Uncle Matt slept over to help with the setup, but after a little trouble, Sam promptly grabbed the Wii and had it up and running before Matt knew what happened), and now I never see the kids except when they are hungry.  I really think it's a win, win, win situation.  So after playing Outdoor Activities on the Wii for an hour Christmas morning, Maddie came downstairs to describe the game to me.  "Mom, you run, and jump rope and rollerblade.  And you do kayaking. Now I don't have to ever go outside again!"  Not exactly what Santa had in mind, I'm sure, but who can tell?

On Christmas Eve, we went to my sister Julie's house.  George kept asking me when he got to do the fishpond and open a present.  I told him after Granger got there.  Later, George asked Julie when Granger was coming.  Julie was impressed with the cousin adoration.  She never heard our conversation.  What George was really after was, "When am I going to get to open a present?"  After a nice celebration of food and reenacting the Nativity (when the kids want to be the donkey, and no one is fighting over being Mary, you can tell they aren't that into it anymore), we sat down for some adult conversation.  Cara promptly turned to Uncle Terrell and said, "Hey Terrell, do you have a glass eye?"  Not the most generic conversation starter, but we'll take it.

Around New Year's, we were playing Pictionary with some friends.  It was Steve's turn to draw. The category was movie title.  After some fantastic drawings, I finally guessed, "Rainbow Bridge?"  Steve said, "Yes!"  Then he looked at the card, "Oh wait, Runaway Bride."  Sometimes I wonder how he got his graduate degree.

A couple days ago, Max was saying his prayers and asked for help.  I prompted, "Please help me to have fun at the Primary Party."  Max said, "No, I'm not saying that."  Then I  heard, "Please help me not to get aten by a dinosaur. Or a dragon." 

School starts tomorrow!  Do you think I'm excited?  Wishes for a Happy New Year.  May you avoid being eaten by extinct and mythical creatures.


4 comments:

Jared said...

Now I know the first thing to ask Terrell this Saturday.

Sharon said...

Ok, mom you didn't tell the rest of the story about the glass eye.

Tammy said...

I think that's probably enough of the story for this month. We can only take so much. Glad you got all the snow! We've had plenty of cold though. 27 degrees Sun. morning and we have early church now! But don't worry, I checked our cruise stops and it looks like shorts weather to me!!!

cara said...

Mom, that comment that says 'Sharon' was by me. I didn't know I was on your account when I wrote it.
Cara