Leah just about to smile for Grandma.
Max, sporting a tie just so he can get a treat.
Max's new look, primarily not at the camera, and not cooperative.
The last two weeks have definitely been different. After five years, I honestly forgot how much time a baby takes. And in the last two weeks, Max has learned how much time a baby takes. Some highlights (not sure that is the best choice of words):
My Mom was kind enough to come help out for two weeks. I was in the bathroom and overheard her asking Max to clean up the toys he had thrown down the stairs. I also overheard his answer (I'm pretty sure he didn't think I could hear him, or possibly he knew full well I could hear him), he screeched, "No, I don't have to. You're not the boss." I quickly let him know that he had to do whatever she said because she was my mom and therefore, the Double Boss.
Max's favorite new phrase is, "You always have to help the baby first."
This morning, I was taking a shower. The baby woke up and started crying. Max was upstairs playing legos. I didn't hear her. Max came running to my door and informed me that Leah was awake and crying. I told him to put in her binky. That didn't work so I quickly got the baby. Max told me that he came to tell me she was crying because he was upstairs and he heard her. He also informed me that her crying was "kind of annoying him."
Max isn't the only one who has had to deal with a Mom that can't always monitor him. I asked Sam a week ago if he had homework. He informed me that it was the reading book and he had to answer questions. He had a week to do it. So after a week, I asked him if he turned it in. He had forgotten. When I nagged him about all of his homework that he had forgotten to bring home, so therefore he couldn't do it, he said, "It's not that I'm not smart. I'm just not responsible. How can I get more responsible? Do you think it would help if I ate spinach?"
I opened the pantry one day to find George in there sitting on the stool. He was slumped over and said to me, "Nobody notices me." Poor thing. It is true that the squeaky wheel gets the grease and he is too good to squeak.
So yes, the Sabins are reacting quite normal to a new baby. I just forgot what normal is!
5 comments:
that is pretty sad about george in the closet!!! The rest is so funny. How do babies take so much time when they're asleep most of the day?!! It's insane. I texted you about Max's preschool because I was wondering if he would like to come play with Jane some day. Then maybe you could take a nap or something. Let me know.
Wow! Do you think Leah's crying might move her down to the number 2 spot?
I love that your mom is the double boss. You're so brutually honest, it's funny.
Poor little George! I'm so sad for him. Tell Sam to quit with the lousy homework excuses and get it done. It just gets worse from here. That comes from experience so stop it now.
that is awesome! although, I do feel bad for George. :) He is such a good kid! I'm so happy things are going "normally" for you. :)
Sounds like we might be seeing you this week! Can't wait!
Post a Comment