Max honestly thought this was a "cool" pose.
So the last few weeks have been great. As usual, Max loves to tell us what is going on in his world. One week ago, Steve and I were enjoying Jamaica. We called nightly to check in, of course. Max monopolized the phone. He would spend as long a time as I would let him, talking to me and asking me what I was going to bring him. We got home late Sunday night. Max was in bed, but immediately upon hearing the door chime, ran downstairs yelling, "What did you bring me?" Delta lost Steve's bag, so luckily, I had packed all our purchases in my bag. I pulled out a t-shirt. Max was not impressed. "That's it? Don't you know kids hate clothes?" I gave him a shell and a penny in Jamaican money. Still not quite enough. I passed out all the candy we got on the plane. Let's just say, Max handled it, but not that well.
On Monday night, we gathered around for Family Night. Max showed up with a newly acquired hourglass timer. He announced, "Everyone gets three minutes for what they do. So like, three minutes for song, three minutes for lesson. But not prayer." So true to form, after singing one verse of the Noah song, Max said to Steve, "Looks like there is enough time left for the second verse." Max was thrilled when the last note of the song coincided with the last grain of sand falling through the hourglass. During Cara's lesson, Max announced, "Time's up." We had to convince him to give her another three minutes.
Two nights ago Max asked Steve, "Dad, do you believe in giants?" Steve said, "No." Max said, "Well, do you believe in Stick People?" Steve asked, "What are Stick People?" Max replied, "You know, people that are like sticks." Steve said, "No." Max said, "Me neither. I don't believe in giants or stick people."
While Steve and I were away last week, my sister Tammy came to watch the kids. She had to leave to go pick up her daughter from her mission, so my niece came to stay for the last few days. This morning Max informed me that he liked Tammy watching him better because she is a Mom. "I like Moms better. It would really suck if you died." I think that is a compliment, but I don't know. Don't worry Becca, he had to think it through. I think he almost went with Becca because she bought him ice cream, "and not the kid size!"
No comments:
Post a Comment