Monday, October 5, 2009

Ninja Moves and Kung Fu Fighting

We got out the Halloween costumes and decorations on Sunday. After about a 5 minute stint of Robinhood, George's eyes settled on the ninja costume, generously provided by Tammy (okay, all my costumes in the box come from Tammy). He put it on and Ninja George was born. 

George has been able to do a back handspring for a year. However, he would only do it by himself at gymnastics on the spring floor. He would only do it at home with a spot. But as soon as the ninja costume was on, his ninja moves came out, with no spot. He has since added to his routine that is shown here in the video. I kind of think that Gary can no longer call himself Ninja Gary anymore, not with the competition coming from his 6 year old cousin. Too bad Gary ever gave up that costume in the first place.

If you think the martial arts are interesting only to George, think again. Sam was plainly amazed at George's routine. Sam would like to see George pull off his routine at the upcoming church and school Halloween parades. In the meantime, Sam has found another way to push his cause. It was Sam's pick for the activity tonight for Family Home Evening. After a few suggestions given by Maddie and I, Sam asked, "Can the activity be Kung Fu fighting?" I was surprised, Maddie was shocked. George and Max immediately jumped to the middle of the floor as Kung Fu fighting commenced. 


6 comments:

Jenni said...

I can only hope that your FHE Kung Fu fighting was made even better by blasting the song "Kung Fu Fighting" as background music. Also, Ninjas are sooooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants.

cara said...

Actually Jenni, my mom started singing that song cause we don't have that song..

Tammy said...

SWEET! That is the best ninja fighting ever! George is spectacular and definately beats Gary in a ninja contest. However, he might want to lose the gymnastics pose at the end. Just doesn't look very frightening. I am so glad ninja costume is inspiring again! Keep up the good work.

Tammy said...

Righteous George, righteous. From the real ninja Gary.

cara said...

Mom write more. It's getting boring...

Tammy said...

I agree with Cara! Sure it was a great post but come on, how many weeks do you think that gets you off the hook for?!